AUCTIONS HOME REGISTER LOGIN SELL STORES HELP/FAQ CONTACT

Go Back   WeBidz Auctions Community > News & Announcements > Auction and Commerce Related News

Auction and Commerce Related News News releases related to the online auction and ecommerce community.

Old 04-04-2008, 04:25 PM
WeBidz Staff - Senior Moderator

WeBex Points: 101,722
Default Re: Fee, Feedback Changes at eBay Still Vex Users NOW

JB & I USED to sell wonderful old merchandise on ebay, like unc Junk has here at Webidz, they
were making it already so unpleasant for sellers that many of us with life long experience in
antiques, collectibles, and great old items, lost interest. That coupled with the fact that at times
we were NOT getting the bids to even make it worth our time, with listing fees, FVF's as all
upgrades, paypal and packing fees..
I noticed in that report you showed the lady made it clear that ebay was free to make 'CHANGES'
charge more, etc., anytime that feel like it. JB & I have been fighting these ongoing changes in
the boards as well as on alternative sitesm for 4 years now, and I am here to tell you that sites
like WEBIDZ.com can and will be the standard in the online auction world in the not too distant
fuure.. Did ya'll notice on there how many wonderful things
ebay continues to do for the corporate offices and such, as sellers (who ARE their customers)
receive less and less and work more & more!?? The WONDEFUL OLD items are going..so will
that huge number of BUYERS! Are WE ready (as auction community leaders) to receive and
help all these new folks that will be the heart of alternative site communities?
ebay has, and will continue to (IMHO) cut their own throats..They appear to have a
'death wish'!! It was fun, but time to move on and forward, friends..
Bless you all!!
Old 04-04-2008, 06:32 PM

WeBex Points: 75

Hi, Lana! ebay was a novelty in the beginning. As time went on it became very clear that the focus was on profit alone for ebay and it came at the expense of the seller. That has not changed and is not likely to. You were not alone in your experience. We may have differing opinions in some ways, but alike in so many. When we lose our interest in old things we forget quality and history and should not do one or the other. In your 20 plus years you have seen so many things go out of style and come right back a few years later. The kids today think clothing styles are new but we know better. It just comes back around. I am like you I believe this is the future for several reasons, one cost, two, gas is getting higher. Last and most important when ebay finally reaches its final leg of evolution, I believe shipping will finally settle down and stop going up and up. Not everyone likes the old junk like I do but they will learn as they get older. Funny how the young folks are buying pyrex and corningware like it was old because that is what Mom had. We oldsters just need to adjust. Just look at the prices that 70's carnival glass made by Indiana Glass is bringing - that junk is new to me! Once we adjust we can do it again.

Old 04-04-2008, 06:42 PM

LOL, Unc..don't you just wish we HAD picked up all those bright colored PYREX bowls and FIREKING
green mugs we passed up in the 70's & 80's?? Remember when authentic McCoy pottery was junk??
Problem with me & Jb, Rick is we have more than we can ever display and give to all the children..LOL, our
kids say 'hold on to it for me mama, I don't have room' when I try to give their LIKES to them NOW!!
Old 04-04-2008, 06:46 PM

WeBex Points: 75

Got it! I think I will just sell off my son's retirement right now!.

Old 06-20-2010, 03:42 AM
Community Advisor

WeBex Points: 4,155
Smile Re: Fee, Feedback Changes at eBay Still Vex Users NOW

What once was, is past now. Such fun we had there
for year's, happy buyer's, happy seller's. We can't
change the past. Yesterday has gone. Today is a gift.
Tomorrow hasn't been born. ( credit to Sandra's site ).

And you know, it is theirs, suppose they can do as they
please.

I don't mind, giving away what I list there, I don't mind
no feedback response, I still want buyer's there to have
these things I can't use, don't need, and won't take back.
I will give it to them, refund the purchase price. Even
send more if they want at no charge ( gift item's).

I am not taking any merchandise back. They are welcome
to keep it and the purchase price as a gift. I won't question anyone's honesty!

For me, " There is no man so poor as he who has only
Money".

My hope in listing there, is to provide item's to other's
that can use or need what I list, if it helps them, that's enough for me! I leave their integrity completely up to
them. I was a power seller, though it didn't mean any thing to me, even when it was offered to me, I didn't sign
up for it. Next time I signed in, I was indeed a PS.
But, I didn't sign up to be dictated to either. I signed up
in good faith, to pay for the service they provided.

The changes are sad for many, and for many a devasting
loss of income. I feel that as well. I love Webidz though!

It offer's so much! Integrity is top on my list. I believe we have more honest folks that are capable of earning
their own reputation. They don't need it handed to them.

I can look back through the years, and realize I received
many blessings there. I can look forward, to more of the same here. So what we have a technical problem! James will correct it, it's only a brief moment. Just keep smiling,
and if you really get bored, just throw your head back and
SING! Doesn't matter if you can't carry a tune, Sing, keep a positive attitude. We will , we can, have such a great community here, we do have Now! And daily it grow's in
numbers! Think back, to your what you thought of as the
largest crisis in your life.. Now think forward. It passed didn't it. We adapt. Our CEO, repeats how sorry/disappointed he is at the problem's he faces to offer us such a great opportunity here. He does it all for us! We can sell free. Play while we do it. And have our own stores.
Now that is a great blessing I'm counting today!
Once again, I appreciate Mr James, even under the weather, he's still working to help us. Just my humble opinion, but I believe he deserves so sincere appreciation post's. Then finally, we have the choice, the common
sense, to know when we should make decision's to move forward. I'm also sure, no one was ever told put att your
eggs in one basket! My devotion 1st, will be to Webidz.
It's time in all the stress and chaos to have some fun here
while we work to build our rep's here. Time to give back to
James too, even if we can let him know, we really have
our opportunity here, because of him to make his hard work, a new house hold name. I look forward to the day,
When James S. Can see the proof of how many of us he blessed with Webidz.

Don't be guilty of asking the Lord to lead you in your path, if your not willing to move your feet.
Old 06-20-2010, 03:52 AM

Thank you SO much, Tom..the Lord bless you~!
Old 12-19-2010, 01:20 AM

WeBex Points: 12

Well here we go, I won't really get off on the ebay bashing but I will say only that ebay is a pyramid scheme slanted towards ebay. they are out of touch with what is going on and do not care about there sellers. all of there fees are destructive to their own site. they have always had a who cares attitude toward their sellers and the older i get i don't want to be bothered with their bs. As former gold power seller there, i have grown tired of there slanted view of sellers and what they mean to them. everyone knows that the biggest fraud committed on ebay is still and always has been buyers who dont pay. Any one claiming they are making big money on ebay doesn't know how to check there bottom line. between their 12% cut and then they own paypal so you give them another 5-8% which is totally out of wack for you to process your credit card, should be less than 2%. I have lost merchandise and all the moneys involved with it thru paypal by buyers on ebay who would figure out any avenue to cheat you.
So here we be, I still have some things i would like to get rid of on a national audience because the local responce is non existant. The people who run ebay should really examine whats going on in the united states, not what they think is going on. But there again, they don't care, ebay is always looking for a new sucker, some poor person who thinks they can make some money on there, and as long as your willing to keep giving them money things won't change, i had heard that it was really bad on there and I hadn't sold for about a year and after the experience's i have had this Christmas, no more, I am done with ebay. ebay is gone, to many fees, no customer support, people watching your stuff but never bidding, probably other sellers trying to figure out something to sell. Other sellers with shell bidding accounts overbidding your stuff to protect theres and then never pay for it. I had a 50% feedback rating on there last time i looked and why would that be, now they use a time limit feedback, so if one person say your great and another dead beat bidder says your not then you have a 50% feedback rating, and all of that is usually due to no one ever filing feedback unless they have a problem. No more overall feedback rating another ignorant ebay idea. they should have a total feedback rating if you sell something or buy and the other person doesn't ever file feedback then after a period of time it goes into your feedback as a neutral rating and doesnt affect your feedback but lets others know there was more transactions than your feedback indicates.
I tell everyone of my experience's on ebay and my dislike of the site. Why bother, your either going to get screwed by ebay or the buyer or paypal or all 3.
My hard earned money is earned a little to hard any more to give it to ebay!
Good bye and Good Luck ebay hope you go broke like everyone else.
sorry about my spelling guess i was a little more worked up than i thought.
Old 03-25-2011, 10:26 PM

WeBex Points: 20
Unhappy Re: Fee, Feedback Changes at eBay Still Vex Users NOW

ive been selling there sold a laptop as is no returns TEN DAYS after the guy got it he emails me saying it never worked and wants a refund.I called ebay they said to refund i have a dispute with this cause he didn't say a word for ten whole days who does that what would you do.im looking for seller support im hoping this site has it
Old 04-16-2011, 05:56 PM
amanda102774

WeBex Points: 0 [Check]

That's one of the reasons I'm here. Have about given up on Ebay. Too many changes and new fees its crazy. I should just start sending them a check every week for whatever I sell, seems like they get most of it anyway.
Old 10-11-2011, 09:33 AM
Contributor

WeBex Points: 708

Hi everyone, It's been a long time since I've been on the forum, however, a lot has happened in my life and I'm closing my Feebay store as we speak. I will *not* deal with their outrageou$, horrendous fee$ anymore, I will not do it. I would much rather give Webidz all my business and see where it takes me, it can't be any worse than Ebay.

Hopefully soon, things will work out more for me on here than there. They have now started charging 'FVF's on shipping'!!!!! Incredibly insane.

Bear with me as I have soooooooooo very much to do......must get busy. Y'all take care and talk soon. Hopefully will figure this all out again.