AUCTIONS HOME REGISTER LOGIN SELL STORES HELP/FAQ CONTACT

Go Back   WeBidz Auctions Community > WeBidz Auction Manager (WAM) > Bug Reports

Bug Reports If you think you have found a bug, report it here.

Old 12-26-2011, 02:35 PM

WeBex Points: 130,032
Default pls check webidz security FAST!

I was attacked twice by, "vista anti virus 2012!" in the past two days. Both counts I was on webidz.com.

I know webidz staff would not want to infect anyone's computer, but It might be that webidz.com had something happen to it and vista anti virus 2012 is attacking from the site?

I also noticed during the time this virus was happening, there has been lack of webidz members being on the site.

Old 12-27-2011, 01:16 PM
WeBidz Staff - Administrator

Default Re: pls check webidz security FAST!

giga,

For websites to be compromised and display malicious content, it is usually from mysql injections and third party java ads. We use Google for all our ad serving, and have just checked our security logs and databases for such an injection... which we have not found any. We will do an in depth review, but we are fairly certain their is no malicious content being displayed. After researching the "vista anti virus 2012", we have found that this is usually spread by being bundled with shareware or other downloadable software. If you have recently installed any software or shareware, that may be the source.

Do not follow any prompts on your computer saying to run a scan or download additional software to remove, as it is most likely part of the virus/malware. The easiest, quickest and safest way to delete any malware is to do a SYSTEM RESTORE on your computer. It is part of Microsoft Operating system software so you know it is not a fake answer that will corrupt your computer further. Hit the Start button. In the search cell, write, “system restore” then follow the instructions. Choose a restore time that is the most recent before your computer was infected.
Old 12-27-2011, 01:48 PM

WeBex Points: 130,032
Thumbs up Re: pls check webidz security FAST!

hello admin

Thank you for checking. I wasn't 100% sure if it was from this site, but I did not want to take any chances at all with that thing. I wanted to make sure everyone that visit webidz was and would be safe.

When I was attacked the virus didn't let me go on ANY website. I used system restore like you said, but the second time I also changed my computer log in (when I turn the computer on), and I also changed the password for my WIFI connection.

(my cousin gave my wifi connection to the whole neighborhood, and it's not a good idea to trust every person they know with that stuff. Even if they are a trust worthy person, they might trust someone else who they THINK is trustworthy, then THAT person might trust someone they think is trustworthy, and the cycle would continue and contiune and will of course sooner or later end up in the wrong hands and give someone EASY access to your computer!

Well thanks agan for checking and maintaining webidz a safe site.

Old 12-27-2011, 04:11 PM
WeBidz Staff - Administrator

Default Re: pls check webidz security FAST!

We definitely appreciate the report, and glad you were able to recover your system...

Yes, it is never good to give others your wifi access, as it allows them behind your firewall, and also access to your PC's and/or other connected devices. So if they get a virus or get hacked because of failure to patch/update, this could compromise your devices as well.